Both our Sweet Heat Pickled Peppers and our Sliced Pickled Peppers follow the same following recipe approved by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension:
Makes about 5 Pints
- 2 3/4 lbs banana, jalepeno, or serrano peppers (or combination of these varieties)
- 6 cups vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Leave peppers whole or cut into 1 inch pieces. Mix peppers together if using multiple varieties
- (Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.)
- Combine vinegar, water, and garlic in a large saucepot. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Discard garlic.
- Pack peppers into hot jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace.
- Ladle hot liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe rim and adjust two-piece lids. Process 10 minutes in boiling-water canner.
- Source: http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/hot-peppers